Impactful Insights: Benefits of Semantic Search
Search is blowing up headlines across major industry-leading media outlets. Mediapost recently reported that “analysis from the Adobe Report suggests that U.S. marketers will continue to allocate more of their budgets to search for the remainder of 2012.” The potential for search marketing continues to rise, but the key to success lies in understanding the nuances of search technology and how it impacts ad-matching capabilities.
An understanding of how semantic search can benefit your business will place you ahead of the curve. There is a tremendous upside to embracing semantic search evolution and the ad innovation that comes along with it, in your paid search and overall digital marketing efforts.
Here are 5 key benefits to you:
- Relevancy – Semantic search has the ability to understand both content and context, which means your paid search efforts will place you alongside content or in search queries where consumers are actively engaged and consuming content.
- Multiple Faceted Messaging Approach - The benefits of this are twofold; 1) Allows you to reach different members of your target audience based on their passions instead of casting a general message; 2) Allows you to test multiple messages (at a low cost) to help determine which is most effective. This can then be integrated into more costly marketing efforts.
- Optimization – Low-cost and routine optimization will allow your business to quickly modify ads based on performance data, so that you are sure to reach your target audience by the most efficient and effective means.
- Access to Qualified Consumers – Semantic search and ad matching ensures that you appear only to consumers whose interest is related to your business offerings. Therefore, the clicks you receive are from consumers that already have a deeper interest in your offering as opposed to clicks you get from standard search efforts.
- Awareness – Leveraging semantic paid search can help you cast a wide net across the web during the initial launch. This will ensure exposure on sites that relate to your brand. Over time, you can hone in on the properties that give you the biggest bang for your buck and adapt targeting accordingly.
Before going full steam ahead you need to consider which vendors will give you the biggest bang for you buck. While Google announced it is enhancing its search with semantic technology, the reality is they are playing catch up in what Vertical Search Works and a few other leading paid search providers are already masters of. The point is that with semantic search you get access to technology that can help you fine tune your paid search efforts with precision. The data gathered from semantic search can provide you with valuable insights for your overall marketing approach.